Contact CSHA President
For More Information
Click on the Links Below
Instructions and Forms
Facilities or organizations seeking show approval/sanctioning shall make application to the State English Western Chair. Shows are no longer approved/sanctioned on a Region by Region basis. Only one application is made. Approval/sanctioning will apply to all Regions for any program member to attend and earn points towards their Region high point program.
Shows will be required by CSHA to meet certain minimum requirements:
- They must by judged by a person licensed by either CSHA or another approved equine organization or breed association.
- They must be judged by the West Coast Horse Show Rule Book.
- They must meet the following minimum age divisions for English or Western classes: Leadline 6 & under, 10 & under (Walk Jog or Trot only), 17 & under, 18 & over and Open. Not all age division need be offered.
- They must meet the following minimum age divisions for Reining or Ranch: Junior 17 & under, Senior 18 & over and Open
- They must meet the following age divisions for Halter: Junior Horse 5 & under, Senior Horse 6 & over, Open Horse
- The show season runs from January 1st to September 15th. Only shows taking place during this time period will be considered for approval/sanctioning by CSHA.
- Each facility/organization seeking approval/sanctioning shall submit an application and pay an application fee of $25 regardless of the number of shows that are being applied for.
- A class list will be submitted along with the completed application.
Please refer to the Show Sanctioning Instructions for complete requirements and details.
If you are ready to apply for show approval/sanctioning, please download the instructions and application.
If you are needing to find a licensed judge for your show, you can look up the current list of CSHA licensed judges by going to the Judges Commission website at the following link.
If you need a copy of the West Coast Horse Show Rule Book it is now available online. A hard copy of the WCHS rule book can be purchased from CSHA. To order a copy of the West Coast Horse Show Rule Book contact CSHA at • 1330 W. Robinhood Dr. Suite D • Stockton, CA 95207 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Ph: (209) 227-7110 • Fax: (209) 227-7132